Join us for a night celebratin’ the Coosa River, farmers, & clean swimmin’ holes on July 27th! Menu, Tickets, and Info Available below.
(We’re not responsible for the drool on your phone or your keyboard.)
Buy tickets today! You’ll be able to change the quantity of tickets you want after you click “Buy!”
CHARCUTERIE TABLE TO INCLUDE
• house cured meats and sausages • local cheeses
• grilled veggies • jams • grilled bread • fresh vegetable spreads
FRESH HARVEST GREENS AND SPROUTED GRAINS TABLE
• grilled sweetcorn slaw Alabama white BBQ dressing
• Chilton Co. grilled peaches, pecans, homemade ricotta salad with basil dressing
• sprouted lentils, benne seed tahini and cumin salad
• fregola pasta, grilled cherry tomatoes, radishes, cipollini onions, basil, mint, honey garlic vinaigrette
• roasted mushrooms, lima beans, walnuts and Meyer lemon yogurt
• smoked pork tamales, sprouted black bean & roasted corn salsa, avocado crema
THE MEAT STATION
• “Marble Creek Farmstead” curry goat
• chicken chicharrones
• “Fudge family farms” fresh Andouille sausage, peperonata
• glazed pork belly with “Hornsby Farms” peach habanero jelly
• royal red shrimp, aji amarillo vinaigrette
• fresh shucked Gulf oysters, watermelon & elderflower mignonette • charred octopus, romesco sauce
• assorted sweets and cookies that will make your belly happy
Red & White Wine from Hop City Craft Beer & Wine
Assortment of Ales from Good People Brewing Co.
Selection of Craft Cocktails:
Spiked Toomer’s Corner Lemonade with Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka
Roll Tide Punch: Hibiscus Punch with Basil Simple Syrup and Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka
Our local purveyors:
Mt Laurel Farm, Marble Creek Farmstead, Evan’s Meat & Seafood, Snow’s Bend Farm, Good People Brewing Co, Hop City Beer & Wine, Owl’s Hollow Farm, Sanctuary Farm, Cathead Vodka and many more!
We’re excited to work with Chef Miguel Figueroa for this amazing dinner.
About the Chef: Chef Miguel A. Figueroa is Executive Chef of Moore’s Mill Country Club and its two other highly prestigious properties – the huge Fountain View mansion and Amsterdam Café – all located in beautiful, Auburn, Alabama. His distinguished cooking career began at the renowned Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Studios, Orlando, FL, where he honed his culinary skills working in the property’s various restaurants featuring Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. Originally from Puerto Rico, Miguel was raised in the world of hospitality and cooking. His father was a chef who also ran a butcher shop and a seafood stand in Puerto Rico. His mother worked at some of Puerto Rico’s leading hotels. She instilled in him the virtues of cleanliness and organization, which he brings to the management of every one of his kitchens. Chef Miguel Figueroa is married with three children – two girls and one boy… and is excited to work with Coosa Riverkeeper & Good People for this great dinner to benefit the Swim Guide program!
“Clean water is so important to my cooking in the restaurant. Using clean water vastly improves the quality of my sauces, stocks, and sorbets. There are so many people in this world without access to clean water that I feel lucky to have it consistently available to us.”
-Chef Miguel Figueroa
About Good People Brewing Co: Good People Brewing Company was born, with the sale of our first keg on July 4, 2008, in our hometown of Birmingham, Alabama. In Alabama- the River State, our rivers don’t take care of themselves! That’s why we rely on local Riverkeepers to make sure our rivers are clean because water is the most important ingredient in our product! Our offerings now include five year-round brews, four seasonals, and an occasional one-off. Good People is enjoyed by folks in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, & Florida panhandle!
“When you think of beer, rarely do you think about water and water quality—hops and malt are usually first on that list. But, water is an essential ingredient to producing a great beer. We rely on educators and advocates like Coosa Riverkeeper to help us make our beer the highest quality it can be. Local waters that the Coosa Riverkeeper oversees and protects bring a little bit more of that true Alabama essence into our brews.”
-Lauren McCurdy, Good People Brewing Co.